Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getting older... maybe a little wiser?

So if you know me, my birthday is in a few days and that means that I am going to be spoiled beyond belief! 

I used to be like "yeah that's right its my birthday, bow down, bitches.


But lately I am just like I am excited that my birthday is coming and that I am alive to enjoy being 27 years old. That's right, I'm an old woman. hahaha! Alright so I am not that old but I am older than I was yesterday and the day before. 


I remember being 12 years old and being such a depressed child. I was afraid that I was going to be alone and die alone because I didn't have a boyfriend like my "friends" and I had kissed a boy like my so called friends had. I honestly was planning on being the girl who lived alone with a million cats. They would be my children and I their mother! But as time progressed I didn't even want to be the Mother of Cats. I was very alone since I moved right as 7th grade was beginning. 


I ate alone for the first few days at my new school while girls paraded their boy toys around like sick puppies. I learned through my Jr High and High School career that I am worth someones time and devotion. 

Even though I wasn't really acting like it. I wanted it, I just didn't know how to get it. And I was getting frustrated that I wasn't finding what I wanted. 

Right after my 22nd birthday, love found me and its been a great 4 years so far and I can't wait to see what is in store for us.

The past birthdays I am just grateful that I get to spend time with family and my boyfriend who love me and want me around. 


And I want to be around to see my FIFTIETH with my (hopefully) husband and a few kids.


But right now I am content with being alive, being with my loving and caring boyfriend and having family and a few friends who love me. 


I am truly a very lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment